This course provides instructions to the students in hotel operations, food and beverage management and hospitality administration. Through the use of lecture, fieldwork, case studies and practical applications students will gain insight into management and operations in the dynamic field. This course also helps students to gain experience in accounting, cost control, marketing and business communications.
- demonstrate the knowledge and skill of basic hospitality, food service management principles.
- Identify and analyze food and beverage products, including product identification and specifications.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately produce a food production plan, prepare food items ,garish and display items for small and large volume food production.
- Design and analyze menus for food service operation.
- prepare and present food in professional manner
- demonstrate the knowledge of front office operation of the major types of lodging properties.